Take Out from Merriweather To-Go
We are happy to offer a selection of salads, sandwiches, and snacks from our Merriweather To-Go take-out window from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
Complete your return to Hillwood’s gardens with a delightful bite to eat outdoors. Tables, spaced a safe distance apart, are located in the tent, and there are many spots for a safely distanced picnic.
We will look to reopen Merriweather Café for full-service dining in the future as visitation expands in accordance with the CDC and city and state guidelines and will keep you apprised on our expanded reopening timeline and plans.
Please note that the cafe is not able to accept cash payments at this time.
Please call the visitor information line at 202.686.5807 with any questions.
A Message from Constellation Culinary, our Cafe Providers:
Safety and Sanitation, Our commitment to you:
Training and Education
- All team members must complete a mandatory safety and sanitation training session upon returning to work.
- We have a designated Safety Champion on site for every shift to manage and oversee safety and cleaning standards and provide team member accountability.
- All managers and chefs have completed ServSafe recertification including a new section on Covid-19 related food handling.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Team member and guest sanitation stations are available with table wipes and hand sanitizer and hand washing stations.
- We are sanitizing high-touch public and back of house areas every 30 minutes.
- Hand-washing Timers—our team members wash their hands a minimum of every 30 minutes.
- Nightly deep cleaning and sanitizing of the dining area and kitchen.
- When appropriate, we are propping open doors to limit contact for guests and staff and have implemented single use menus and individual disposables and condiments.
- All reusable and/or stationary elements are washed and sanitized regularly.
How are we keeping our team safe?
- We have implemented temperature checks and wellness questionnaires for all cafe team members upon arrival to work daily.
- We take part in a daily pre-shift meeting to communicate and reiterate safety and sanitation standards and celebrate the commitment and good work our team is doing to keep their teammates and guests safe!
- All team members receive a daily supply of personal protective equipment including disposable gloves and masks (cloth washable masks and disposable masks).
- We have added protective plexi-glass and acrylic shields into our point of purchase areas for our cashiers.
- We have moved to cashless payments and mobile payments where ever possible.
We thank you for placing your trust in us and welcome any questions you may have about our commitment to keeping you and our team safe during this time.
In good health,
The Constellation Culinary Group Team