Enjoy a truly Divine summer evening, sipping a special signature champagne cocktail, beer, wine or champagne from Hillwood’s Café, competing for the best picnic spread and watching John Water’s cult classic Hairspray.
Come early and set out your elaborate picnic spread.
Pour your energy into planning your fabulous props and costumes, knowing that we'll pour the drinks when you arrive! Choose a special champagne cocktail, beer, wine, or champagne to go with your feast, or pre-order dinner from Hillwood's Café and let us do the cooking!
What wins over our judges?
- Themes and connections to the film,
- Costumes, including wild hair-dos and hair-don'ts,
- Props, including table cloths, flameless candelabras, serving dishes, centerpieces, and classic movie snacks, and
- Group dances. Bonus points if you'll do The Bug, The Bird, or The Maddison for us!
Winners will recieve:
- An autographed Very Crudely Yours, John Waters box set, which includes Hairpsray, Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Desperate Living, Polyester, Pecker, A Dirty Shame, and John Waters DVD Scrapbook,
- An annual membership to Hillwood,
- Bragging rights, and
- The envy and admiration of your fellow film-goers.
Stop by the bar for a champagne cocktail, beer, wine, or champagne by the glass or bottle. Light snacks are also available to purchase. The bar will remain open until 9:45 pm.
Please note that our liquor license does not permit outside alcohol.
This event is rain or shine. In the event of rain, the screening will be moved indoors.
This program is made possible by the Dina Merrill Film Program.
Enjoy classic cinema, short films, and documentaries in the magnificent surroundings of Hillwood’s estate.
Marjorie Post enjoyed entertaining guests with screenings of first-run films in her Pavilion. Her tradition of entertaining through film continues at Hillwood through the generous support of her youngest daughter, Hollywood actress Dina Merrill.
Annual screenings include:
- Family Movie Night
- Divas Outdoors: Classic Films Under The Stars