Strut your mutt and size up the other canine contestants.
Stop by the Hillwood café to pick up a special Spooky Pooch signature cocktail, light snacks, and dog treats.
Stroll the Woodland Walk
Join a woodland hike, led by members of Hillwood's horticulture team. Stroll the wooded trails and enjoy the brilliant fall color. This trail is also open for self-guided touring.
Love visiting Hillwood with your canine pal? Hillwood members enjoy the special benefit of exploring Hillwood's landscaped gardens and lush woodlands with their four-legged friends every Sunday morning, 9:30 a.m.-12 noon. Not a member? Join today!
- Dogs are not allowed on the estate outside the hours of the program.
- Dogs must be on a leash no longer than six feet at all times and under the control of their adult handlers. No retractable leashes.
- No more than 2 dogs per adult handler. Hillwood reserves the right to remove groups lacking control.
- Dogs may not be left unattended at any time.
- To protect our plant collections and garden sculptures, stay in designated areas only.
- Keep your dogs on the path and designated grassy areas. Dogs are not permitted in planting beds.
- Dogs are not permitted in any indoor facilities.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the estate. Hillwood reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove, any dog thought to be harmful to visitors, other dogs, or property, without refund.
- Dogs must have current license and rabies vaccination tags.
- You are required to clean up after your dog with pet waste bags and dispose of the bags properly.
- Full- and part-time staff and their households are encouraged to participate, but are not eligible to win the costume contest.