Celebrate spring's arrival in Russian style!
- Admire the exquisite imperial eggs and other fanciful Fabergé creations collected by Marjorie Post.
- Experience festive folk music performed by Samovar Russian Folk Music Ensemble and spirited dancing by Kalinka Dance Ensemble.
- Enjoy stories of Russian Easter traditions in a fun family play, produced by Happenstance Theater.
- Take part in a traditional Russian egg-rolling game.
- Step into Fabergé's Workshop to decorate your own Fabergé-inspired egg.
This family festival is funded in part by the Bonnie Mapelli Youth Education Fund. All of Hillwood's 2017 festivals are supported by a grant from the Sally Foss and James Scott Hill Foundation. All exhibitions and programs are funded in part by the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts through the National Capital Arts and Cultural Affairs program.
Discover the magic of Hillwood with your whole family as you explore the gardens and French and Russian treasures. Arts and crafts, dance instruction, and food enhance the festive atmosphere and provide entertainment for the whole family.
These annual events and festivals are specially geared toward families:
Hillwood’s mansion and gardens provide an alluring setting for a variety of performances. Marjorie Merriweather Post, a major sponsor of the National Symphany orchestrata, cared passionately for music. Celebrate the musical traditions of Russia and France, as well as the talents of local community groups, through performances at concerts and festivals throughout the year.