Reports To: Director of Horticulture
Position Status: Temporary Full-Time
Location: Washington, DC
Hillwood Estate, Museum and Gardens is seeking a full-time, temporary (December - March) gardener. Full-time is preferred; part-time will be considered. Total number of scheduled hours per week varies based on need. Employee’s schedule will be a combination of weekdays, Saturdays and some Sundays. This position requires a good amount of flexibility, stamina and the willingness and ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Hillwood has free parking and is walking distance from the Red Line Metro Stop (VanNess).
- Must be experienced in the proper use of power landscape tools
- Perform garden and grounds tasks including pruning, planting, mulching, weeding, fertilizing and general garden maintenance
- Safe operation of power tools such as walk-behind blowers, trimmers, etc.
- Proper use of hand tools such as saws, pruners, rakes and shovels
- Ability to operate equipment and lift 50 pounds
- Demonstrated safe use of common landscape power and hand tools
- Experience with common gardening tasks and knowledge of plant pruning techniques, watering and general maintenance
Interested candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method) or fax to (202) 966-1623.
No phone calls please. Hillwood is an equal opportunity employer.