Job Summary: Supports the maintenance and growth of Hillwood’s membership program, working with the marketing and membership manager to help drive the acquisition of new members and ensure a strong rate of retention and engagement with existing members. Responsible for mailing monthly renewal notices and processing new and renewing memberships in a timely manner. Manages the membership operations infrastructure, with a specific emphasis on Tessitura, the CRM and fundraising software, to ensure best practices in data entry and customer relationship management.
Key Job Elements:
- Supports Hillwood’s membership acquisition and renewal efforts by implementing acquisition campaigns, handling monthly renewal mailings, and processing membership packets for new and renewing members.
- Ensures timely and accurate acknowledgment and fulfillment of benefits.
- Works directly with members, responds to questions, maintains guest lists, helps to coordinate and attends membership programs.
- Works collaboratively with Hillwood staff, especially visitor services, marketing and communications, and development to support membership, marketing, and financial goals.
- Maintains accurate and current member databases utilizing Tessitura software and ensuring it is used to its best advantage.
- Works with visitor services staff to ensure best practices in selling memberships on the front line, including entering data according to data entry style guide.
- Contributes to the adherence to the strategic plan and assures implementation of assigned elements related to membership.
- Reports to marketing and membership manager
- Interacts with various levels of staff, visitors, members and volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline.
- Two years’ experience in non-profit development or membership, preferably in an arts related institution or public garden.
- Database management experience.
- Customer service orientation and mindset.
- Solid writing and speaking ability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communications with an emphasis on persuasion and generating action.
- Demonstrated time management skills and detail-orientation.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Access and employ job related computer software including Microsoft Office to include Word, Power Point, Excel and the Outlook email platform, plus Tessitura at an effective proficiency level.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual who with or without reasonable accommodation can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about their work area, between buildings and the campus grounds, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 15 pounds.
Notice: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
To Apply: We are a progressive, equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. Generous benefits, paid vacation and holiday programs. So, come work “Where Fabulous Lives!”
For prompt consideration, please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in working at Hillwood to: Staffing-Marketing@hillwoodmuseum.org.