Nestled in the hills of northwest Washington, D.C., Hillwood Estate, Museum & Gardens welcomes visitors from around the world with its gracious hospitality. From the captivating life of Marjorie Post to the exquisitely maintained Mansion and Gardens, we strive to ensure that the Hillwood experience outshines even the Fabergé Eggs!
Making this happen requires a talented, engaged staff and the Human Resources Department is key to identifying and supporting talent. The Human Resources Department at Hillwood has a full range of responsibilities including recruitment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, payroll, training, personnel records management and wellness. Hillwood’s Human Resources Department is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as an Intern for Summer 2019. This unpaid internship provides excellent opportunities to develop skills, make professional connections, and strengthen their resume' and most importantly, gain work experience. This opportunity is ideal for an energetic and motivated college student who is looking for broad exposure to different facets of Human Resources while working for a Non-Profit Organization.
Responsibilities: The Intern will work with Hillwood’s Human Resources staff in a combination of administrative and substantive issues. Some of the areas the Intern will be exposed to will include but not be limited to:
• Employment branding in the recruiting and hiring process, including posting job openings that reflect an engaging employment brand.
• The importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, including electronic file management.
• The importance of onboarding, learning plans and training and development in the employee life cycle.
• Employee engagement, including assisting with engagement initiatives and events such as a wellness fair and social events
• Candidates must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program; able to receive college credit or transcript notation of participation in our program for each semester of the internship. An independent study option, if approved by your university, is also possible.
• Academic focus on Human Resources, Non-Profit Management, Communications, Marketing, or related subjects.
• Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail. Students must also have strong computer skills.
Time Commitment: 24/week for the duration of the internship
Preferred Start Date: June 3, 2019
Preferred End Date: August 23, 2019
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply: Please send information regarding your school’s academic credit for internship program, a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are a progressive, equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. So, come learn “Where Fabulous Lives!”