Title: Visitor Services Associate
Reports to: Head of Visitor Services
Employment Status: Regular Part-time. Overtime eligible (Non-Exempt)
Regular Hours: Tuesday-Friday part-time schedule of 24 hours per week available.
Primary Functions: This position will support all facets of the visitor services operation throughout the Hillwood campus, delivering a gracious and enriching experience for all visitors.
• As first line of contact, deliver superior customer service, providing a gracious welcome and smooth admission process, to every visitor to Hillwood.
• Administer the admission process with Hillwood’s strategic goal of deepening engagement with visitors top of mind, collecting contact information and encouraging visitors to keep in touch with Hillwood through our newsletter, website, and social media platforms.
• Work with colleagues and volunteers in the visitor center to help administer the visitor experience operation on general admission days and for public programs and special events, as needed.
• Visitor center duties include checking in visitors with advance reservations and walk-ins, guiding visitors to the tour desk for their orientation, answering general questions, processing memberships, and working with other frontline staff from the café, security, public programs, and the museum shop to ensure every visitor is informed and prepared for their immersive Hillwood experience.
• Assist visitors in planning their visit to Hillwood by answering phones in the information office call center.
At least one year of visitor or guest service experience (preferably in a museum setting). Incumbent must possess excellent customer service skills; work well with a diverse group of colleagues, be flexible to the changing needs of each day, and have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment while providing a quality visitor experience.
Computer skills are essential. Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to the ticketing and customer relationship software. Parts of the position require some physical labor (moving of brochure boxes chairs, tables, etc.), and conducting visitor operations outdoors.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job or may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to communicate in English professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about their work area, between buildings and the campus grounds, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions to the extent Hillwood may do so without undue hardship. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual who with or without reasonable accommodation can perform the essential functions of the position.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
The starting rate for the Front Desk Associate position is $16 per hour. We are a progressive, equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. Send your resume to: Staffing-VS@hillwoodmuseum.org