Hillwood Estate, Museum & Gardens
The curatorial and collections departments at Hillwood Estate, Museum & Gardens in Washington, DC seek an intern with a demonstrated interest in exhibition design.
Through their participation, the exhibition intern will gain insight and have the opportunity to develop skills related to work performed by exhibition designers such as exhibition development, documentation, and research. More specifically, the exhibition intern will:
- Assist in the preparation of maquettes.
- Assist in the preparation of exhibition large scale plans.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for working sessions with the curators and interpretation department.
- Help with research, documentation, and fact-checking.
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of exhibition documentation.
- Be available for a period of no less than 8 weeks and no less than 16 hours per week/3 days per week. Actual days and hours of work will be determined by mutual agreement.
- Demonstrate a basic proficiency level in the use of AutoCAD and Photoshop.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with an ability to adapt and/or problem-solve. Be able to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the work area, between buildings and the museum grounds, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
- The intern, as part of their duties, may at times be required to lift objects of up to 20 lbs. unassisted.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 5, 2019.
This is an unpaid internship. Interns may be eligible to receive course credit in coordination with their university; however, this is not a criterion for participation in a Hillwood internship.