The Development Officer contributes as a member of the Development team with the on-going identification, cultivation, stewardship, and communication with institutional donors. Primary responsibilities include administrative management of the capital campaign and implementation of a planned giving program.
- Works with Hillwood development leadership to plan and manage the capital campaign, including identification of potential donors, proposal development, gift acknowledgment, donor recognition, as well as, contribution entry, tracking, and reporting.
- Establish and implement a planned giving program. Responsibilities include identification of appropriate gift vehicles, development of informational materials, identification of prospective donors, proposal development, gift acknowledgment, donor recognition, as well as contribution entry, tracking, and reporting.
- Assists the Head of Development in developing the existing corporate membership program, including research and identification of corporate prospects, draft solicitation letters and membership materials, update and maintain the Hillwood website, steward new and existing members.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years’ comprehensive development experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- Museum/arts experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills and detail-orientation.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Access and employ job-related computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office, Tessitura, online CMS and HTML) at an effective proficiency level.
- Accuracy, timeliness and strong organizational skills essential.
- Works independently and as high functioning, contributing team member.
- Adept at correspondence and other required materials in support of development activities.
- Well organized with strong detail orientation and penchant for action.
- Must understand and respect the confidential nature of development work.
- Strong customer service orientation and understanding of the museum’s mission.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com