Title: Administrative/Accounts Payable Assistant
Status: Overtime Eligible, Full-time
Generally comprises ten, 8 hour days in a two week period. Due to the nature of this position, alternate work arrangements are not available and the required reporting hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday. Some overtime may be needed on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
0 – 5%
Performs accounting and administrative activities in line with their experience and assigned responsibilities.
Key Job Elements:
Administrative (20 - 25%)
- Manage travel logistics for the Executive Director including booking air, ground, rail and hotel accommodations.
- Prepare expense reports for Executive Director to document charges and obtain reimbursement for payments made out-of- pocket.
- Serve as back-up for US Mail drop-off and sorting.
- Assist with meeting prep, set-up and clean-up.
Accounts Payable (75 - 80%)
- Process check requisitions and prepare accounts payable checks.
- File accounts payable back-up consistently and accurately.
- Process credit card requisition statements.
- Prepare spreadsheets and reports for accounts payable.
- Research issues and problems; recommend and implement solutions.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and fiscal year close and reporting.
- Ensure accounting policies are followed.
- Provide back-up support to other members of Finance department during peak periods and short-term absences.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Reports to Director of Finance.
- Works closely with Executive Administrator.
- Interacts with various levels of staff and vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Training in general accounting principles and accounts payable processing obtained either through formal education or direct work experience.
- General ledger and accounting system experience (MIP Fund Accounting is a plus).
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount to your success.
- Advanced proficiency with manipulation and analysis of data in Microsoft Excel is a must. Basic proficiency in Word and Power Point.
- Strong verbal and inter-personal communications skills.
- Follow oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
- Highly organized with demonstrated time management skills and including multi-tasking.
- Ability to meet ongoing deadlines.
- Works independently with moderate supervision, interacting effectively with and quickly gaining the respect and support of museum staff.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job or may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee is regularly required to communicate in English professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about their work area, between buildings and the campus grounds, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 15 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions to the
extent Hillwood may do so without undue hardship. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual who with or without reasonable accommodation can perform the essential functions of the position.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
We are a progressive, equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. Generous benefits, paid vacation and holiday programs. So, come work “Where Fabulous Lives!”
For prompt consideration, send a cover letter explaining your interest in working at Hillwood and plus your resume to: Staffing-Fin@hillwoodmuseum.org Administrative/Accounts Payable Assistant should be placed in the subject line. Local candidates will receive priority consideration.