You are here

CHURCH OF VLADIMIR MOTHER OF GOD

Back to the Collection

CHURCH OF VLADIMIR MOTHER OF GOD

Currently in storage


About this object

The lithograph shows Vladimirskaia Square in St. Petersburg in the 1820s. In the center, the neoclassical building of the Church of Vladimir Mother of God (built in the 1760s) and the bell tower (built by architect Quarenghi in 1783) are shown prior to their reconstruction, in 1848.

Category:
prints
Object name:
CHURCH OF VLADIMIR MOTHER OF GOD
Made in:
RUSSIA: St. Petersburg
Date made:
1821-1823
Size:
39.1 × 50.8 cm (15 3/8 × 20 in.)

Detailed information for this item

Catalog number:
55.100
Signature marks:
Inscription N° 18. Upper right corner of print Inscription 119 Lower left of print inscription in Cyrillic: ris. Karl Begrov (Drawing by Carl Beggrow) Lower left corner handwritten note Ans Begroff. K. J. Aurichten v. Petersburg ( Thieme B. III/ 188) left corner inscription Pech. V Litog. P. F. Gel"mersena Center bottom
Credit line:
Museum Purchase, 2004