Office of the Executive Director
Full Time; Overtime eligible (Non-exempt)
Generally comprises ten eight hour days in a two weeks period. Due to the nature of the position, the required work hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Alternate work arrangements are not available.
0 – 5%
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of the Executive Director under the supervision of the Executive Administrator. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
Deliver effective and efficient administrative support to the office of the Executive Director and staff. Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the Administrative/Executive Office.
- Deliver administrative support to the office of the ED - handle office tasks, such as filing, screening phone calls, and assisting on the creation of documents and reports using Microsoft Office Applications and the museum’s database Tessitura.
- Provide scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts in Outlook.
- Manage conference room reservations and organize all aspects for meetings and special events initiated by the ED (coordinate conference room set up, food, and AV needs).
- Manage distribution of incoming mail, process outgoing, and incoming mail on a day-to-day basis. Manage the postage meter account and equipment.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, and stocking office and breakroom supplies for the entire organization.
- Submit and reconcile travel and entertainment expense reports for the ED.
- Update the “Employee Site” in SharePoint (maintain the organizational chart, staff directories, and other institutional information and documents).
- Assists with ED meetings and lunches; orders and receive food, prepares café, and clean up as needed.
- Assist with maintaining confidential records and files for the ED office.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Reports to the Executive Administrator.
- Works closely with the Executive Director, senior managers, and various levels of staff, volunteers, visitors, neighbors and vendors.
- Interacts with board president, board committee chairs, board members, and advisory committee members.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. An Associate’s Degree or formal training n a related discipline is preferred.
- 3+ years of administrative experience, preferably in a museum or non-profit environment supporting a senior level manager.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to work collaboratively with all divisions throughout Hillwood; exhibit excellent customer service skills to both internal and external customers; ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Is regarded as credible and trustworthy with a track record of creating and working as a team member.
- Possesses superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates a passion for Hillwood’s mission.
- Regularly communicate in English professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means.
- The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job or may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about their work area, between buildings and the campus grounds, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 15 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions to the extent Hillwood may do so without undue hardship. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual who with or without reasonable accommodation can perform the essential functions of the position.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time not does it proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org