Title: Accounting Associate
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time or Part-time
Work Schedule: Generally comprises six to ten, 8 hour days in a two week period.
Travel: 0 – 10%
Job Summary: The Accounting Associate executes accounting activities in line with their experience and assigned responsibilities.
Key Job Elements:
- Process and Log-in checks and cash received
- Bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Investment and accounting entries
- Prepare bank deposits
- Process credit card receipts and sales reports
- Prepare spreadsheets and reports for deposits.
- Research issues and problems; recommend and implement solutions.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and fiscal year close and reporting.
- Ensure accounting policies are followed.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and other accounting team members to improve accounting processes. enhance financial reporting, establish controls, and implement best practices.
- Provide back-up support to other members of Finance department during peak periods and short-term absences.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Reports to Director of Finance.
- Interacts with various levels of staff and vendors.
- Associates degree in Accounting
- General accounting skills and protocols.
- General ledger and accounting system experience (MIP Fund Accounting is a plus).
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Expert proficiency with manipulation and analysis of data in Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Strong verbal and inter-personal communications skills.
- Follow oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
- Highly organized with demonstrated time management skills and including multi-tasking.
- Ability to meet ongoing deadlines.
- Works independently with moderate supervision, interacting effectively with and quickly gaining the respect and support of museum staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual who with or without reasonable accommodation can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in English professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about their work area, between buildings and the campus grounds, climb stairs while carrying equipment/supplies, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds unassisted.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
We are a progressive, equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. You can do so by sending a cover letter and your resume to: Staffing-Fin@hillwoodmuseum.org