Opening Hours & Tickets
Beginning March 1, Hillwood be open every Sunday.
Five days each week—six beginning in March—Hillwood opens its gates to visitors from around the world. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and schedule enough time. Most guests take over three hours to experience Hillwood’s magic!
- Tuesday through Saturday, 10am to 5pm
- As of March 1, 2015, Hillwood will also be open every Sunday, 10am to 5pm
- There are no open Sundays left in February. Join us on Sundays, beginning March 1.
- Sign up for special programs & events today
- Make a reservation at the Hillwood Café
- Closed on Mondays, most national holidays, and several weeks at the end of January
- Adult: $15
- Senior: $12
- College Students: $10
- Child (6-18): $5
- Children under 6: free
- Hillwood members: free
Advance reservations are NOT necessary for your visit to Hillwood. Please check in at our Visitor Center upon arrival. During peak garden seasons (spring and fall), some visitors appreciate the convenience of registering in advance. Please note, advance registration may be required for special programs and events, please visit our calendar for more information. To make your arrangements, register online or call 202.686.5807, Monday through Friday, 10am-5pm.
Before you make your reservation, please note: Though we share a fondness for animals, as our founder Marjorie Merriweather Post did, for the safety and comfort of all our visitors and the conservation of our grounds, pets are not permitted at Hillwood. We cannot allow entrance to any vehicles with pets inside.