|6-8:30 pm||Mansion, gardens, picnicking, and art activity open.
(Please note, the gardens close at dark.)
|7-8 pm||Film screening|
Spread your wings and head off on a flight of fancy as you enjoy short films featuring birds and other fantastical flying creatures. Picnic in the gardens, explore the mansion on an animal art safari, and create your own work of art. Popcorn, drinks, and other snacks will be available for purchase from the Hillwood Café.
Bring a pillow from home to curl up, settle in, and enjoy screenings of these fun, family-friendly shorts from Quebec and the USA:
- Hi! Fly Guy (USA, 2012, 7 min, ALA Notable Video)
- The Red Hen (USA, 2012, 7 min)
- Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (USA, 2009, 7 min, ALA Notable Video, Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Children's Video)
- Pigeon Impossible (USA, 2009, 6 min, winner of more than 20 awards including Best Short at the Oscar-qualifying Montreal World Film Festival and Best in Show at ArtFutura in Spain)
- Invasion of the Space Crustaceans (Quebec, 2005, 7 min, ALA Notable Video; Diploma of Honour, International Short Film Festival, Japan; Honorable Mention, Columbus International Film Festival)
- The Feather and the Elephant (Quebec, 2005, 5 min)
- At Home with Mrs. Hen (Quebec, 2006, 8 min)
- Head to Head to Head (Quebec, 2005, 13 min)