Saturday 26 October 2013 2:00pm - 4:00pm — Tickets available
$15 per dog with 1-2 owners; suggested donation applies to additional guests. $10 for dogs of Hillwood members.
Compete in the costume contest, with prizes for:
- Best overall costume
- Most original
- Best owner/dog costume combo
Other activities include:
- Get your pup's portrait drawn by a pet caricature artist, of Big Heads Little Bodies.
- Meet your new "best friend" at the adoption show by Lucky Dog Animal Rescue.
- Learn the latest training techniques in a nose work training demo by trainer Lisa Henderson, CPTD-KA of Silver Spring Dog Training.
- Meet the assistance dogs of Fidos for Freedom and learn about the community work these specially trained dogs do for individuals with disabilities.
- Try out the agility course, led by the Zoom Room of Rockville.
- Stroll the wooded trails and enjoy the brilliant fall color on a behind-the-scenes tour led by Brian Barr, Director of Horticulture.
- Have your face painted with an animal theme and enjoy Halloween fun!
- Show off your costumed canine and enjoy refreshments for the spooky pooches.
Schedule of Events:
|2:20||Behind the Scenes Hike with Brian Barr, Director of Horticulture|
|2:30||Dog Training Demonstration with Lisa Henderson|
|2:50||Costume Contest Kick-off and Pooch Parade|
|3:10||Fidos for Freedom Assistance Dog Demonstration|
|3:30||Dog Training Demonstration with Lisa Hendrson|
|3:50||Awards Ceremony/ Announcement of Costume Contest Winners|
- Dogs are not allowed on the estate outside the hours of the program.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times and under the control of their adult handlers.
- No more than 2 dogs per adult handler. Hillwood reserves the right to remove groups lacking control.
- Dogs may not be left unattended at any time.
- To protect our plant collections and garden sculptures, stay in designated areas only.
- Keep your dogs on the path and designated grassy areas. Dogs are not permitted in planting beds.
- Dogs are not permitted in any indoor facilities.
- Agressive dogs are not permitted on the estate. Hillwood reserveds the right to refuse entry to, or remove, any dog thought to be harmful to vsiitrs, other dogs, or property, without refund.
- Dogs must have current liscense and rabies vaccination tags.
- You are required to clean up after your dog with pet waste bags and dispose of the bags properly.