Festival activities end at 5 pm, but Hillwood's estate remains open until 7 pm for self-guided touring on Saturday, December 13.
Celebrate Sviatki, the festive winter season, in traditional Russian style!
- Meet Grandfather Frost, Russia’s Santa Claus, and his granddaughter, the Snow Maiden.
- Create and wear your own kokoshnik (lady’s headdress) or Russian gentleman’s winter hat to dress in the style of boyars (old Russian nobels).
- Enjoy the playful antics of mummers parading in animal costumes and discover what the New Year has in store from fortunetellers strolling the estate, presented by Happenstance Theater.
- Enjoy lively music performed by Samovar Russian Folk Music Ensemble.
- Listen to enchanting winter tales from Russia.
All of Hillwood's 2014 festivals are supported by a grant from the Sally Foss and James Scott Hill Foundation.