Location: Throughout The Estate
- Add to the festive atmosphere by making and wearing a French bergère or Napoleon hat.
- The festivities of French court come to life in a short play, performed by Happenstance Theater.
- Meet strolling fanciful French nobles, also performed by Happenstance Theater.
- Experience the best of baroque dance with New York Baroque Dance Company
- Immerse yourself in music of the 1700s with Kevin Shannon’s baroque guitar.
- Explore Hillwood’s luscious gardens, during a garden talk.
- And of course, admire the exquisite collection of eighteenth-century French decorative arts collected by Marjorie Merriweather Post.
Come rain or shine, performances take place in the airy and open shelter of the C. W. Post Courtyard Tent, and the Visitor Center Theater. Schedule subject to change. Outdoor activities are weather dependent.
All of Hillwood’s 2017 festivals are supported by a grant from the Sally Foss and James Scott Hill Foundation. All exhibitions and programs are funded in part by the U.S. Commission on the Fine Arts through the National Capital Arts and Cultural Affairs program.