Location: Throughout The Estate
- Add to the festive atmosphere by making and wearing a French bergère or Napoleon hat.
- New this year, the festivities of French court come to life in a short play, performed by Happenstance Theater.
- Meet strolling fanciful French nobles, also performed by Happenstance Theater.
- Experience the best of baroque dance with New York Baroque Dance Company
- Immerse yourself in music of the 18th century with Kevin Shannon’s baroque guitar.
- Engage in a playful storytime or short French language lessons, led by the Alliance Française de Washington.
- Explore Hillwood’s luscious gardens, during a garden talk with our fabulous docents.
- Relax and enjoy a glass of wine or baguette at the Parisian-style sidewalk café.
- And of course, admire the exquisite collection of 18th-century French decorative arts collected by Marjorie Merriweather Post.
Come rain or shine, performances take place in the airy and open shelter of the C. W. Post Courtyard Tent, and the Visitor Center Theater.
French Festival is presented in partnership with Alliance Française de Washington. All of Hillwood’s 2016 festivals are supported by a grant from the Sally Foss and James Scott Hill Foundation. All exhibitions and programs are funded in part by the U.S. Commission on the Fine Arts through the National Capital Arts and Cultural Affairs program.