Reports to: Garden Supervisor
Position Status: Full-time, Overtime eligible (Non-Exempt)
Location: Washington, DC
Date of Distribution: March 2013
Responsible for routine gardens and grounds maintenance tasks such as mowing, blowing, mulching, weeding, pruning, watering, etc. Respond to priority emergency statuses during storms or natural disasters that require gardens and grounds to be cleared of debris.
Total number of scheduled hours per week varies based on need. Employee’s schedule will be a combination of weekdays, Saturdays and some Sundays.
- Plant and prune trees & shrubs; plant annuals and bulbs
- Perform routine grounds maintenance in assigned garden areas such as mowing and trimming lawns, blowing roads & walks, weeding and mulching, leaf removal, pruning, fertilizing and watering.
- Respond to priority two emergency statuses during storms or natural disasters that require gardens and grounds to be cleared of debris
- Safe operation of power equipment (lawn mowers, blowers, string trimmers) and hand tools commonly used in the garden.
- Haul compost, drive small tractor.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment operation.
- Experience performing common lawn, garden and grounds maintenance tasks.
- Requires physical strength & stamina, the ability to lift 50 pounds and work out-doors in all weather. Operate snow removal equipment: blowers, shovels, plow truck.
- Must demonstrate the use of sound diplomatic and interpersonal skills in dealing with personnel at various levels as well as outside.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (preferred method) or fax to (202) 966-1623. No phone calls please. Hillwood is an equal opportunity employer.