Visitor Services Associate
Position: Visitor Services Associate
Reports To: Head of Visitor Services
Position Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time Weekend (Saturdays and some Sundays) and Weekday daytime schedule (weekday flexible).
Location: Washington, DC
Position Duties: This position will support all facets of the visitor service operation throughout the estate. Specific duties are noted below:
- Work with Museum staff and volunteers in the Visitor Center to oversee the visitor experience operation (general visit, program days, member events, etc.). Visitor Center duties include on-site and pre-booked registrations, orientation and packaging the visitor experience, and working with other frontline staff from the Café, Security, Interpretation, and Museum Shop.
- Handle visitor service operations in public spaces throughout the Estate, including gardens. Visitor service operations include oversight of all volunteer duties.
- Assist with public programs, including tours, festivals, lectures, family activities, special events, and Girl Scout programs.
- Work with Visitor Service colleagues to ensure all responsibilities of the department are fulfilled.
- Ensure that Hillwood Estate, Museum and Gardens maintain compliance with the District of Columbia Zoning Restrictions.
- Assist visitors in planning their visit to the Museum via the Information Office call center.
- Support other Interpretation departments if needed, at the discretion of the Head of Visitor Services.
Position Requirements: Candidate must possess excellent customer skills; work well with a diverse group of colleagues, flexible to the changing needs of each day, and the ability to handle a fast-paced environment while providing a quality visitor experience. Computer skills are essential. The candidate must be able to learn and quickly adapt to Vista, a Windows driven software. Customer service experience required. Parts of the position require some physical labor (moving of brochure boxes, tables, visitor operations outdoors, etc.).
It is preferred the candidate is familiar with museum operations/environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (preferred method) or fax to (202) 966-1623. No phone calls please. Hillwood is an equal opportunity employer.