Visitor Services Coordinator
Position Title: Visitor Services Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-time exempt position with benefits
Reports To: Head of Visitor Services
Regular Schedule: Generally comprises ten eight hour days in a two week period, which may include Saturdays and Sundays. Some evening hours are required in addition to special event coverage.
Co-manage the Visitor Information Office and Frontline Operations (including volunteer weekend staffing).
- Co-manages the day-to-day operations of the information call and e-mail center - Responds to all requests for individual reservations for tours and public programs by telephone, voicemail, fax, e-mail and by mail. Assists visitors in planning their visit to the estate.
- Serves as the point person handling all reservations technology and reporting (Vista, IC Verify, Museum.tix, and Avaya). This includes handling on-site trainings. Coordinates internal updates with Information Technology (IT) and Administration.
- Updates and maintains Tourism and Visitor Relations handbook.
- Serves as point of contact for VIP/Embassy requests (groups under 10 people).
- Delegate’s duties/co-manages Visitor Services Associate (adjunct staff).
- Track admissions income and prepares accounting reports and deposits. Prepares all financial reports (daily, monthly, and annually). Coordinates reporting with Finance.
- Creates demographic and marketing reports based on visitor data. Reports are presented internally. Works with Interpretation colleagues on program summation reports (all programs).
- On weekends, work with Museum staff and manage volunteers in the Visitor Center to oversee the visitor experience operation. Duties include on-site and pre-booked registrations, orientation and handling visitor services (enforcing policies, accessibility issues, etc.)
- Co-directs Visitor Services technology – AV booth, audio tour units and video production.
- Maintains online ticketing administration.
- Manages voicemail recordings.
- Ensures that Hillwood complies with the neighborhood agreement.
- Supports other departments (festivals, lectures, etc.)
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
A Bachelor’s Degree, 3 or more years of customer service experience (preferably in a museum setting), ability to work in a team environment, good oral and written communication skills, and outstanding attention to detail and demonstrated database management experience.
Must possess the skills needed to have vision, work well with their colleagues, and understand/deliver a gracious and enriching experience for all visitors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about their work area, between buildings and the campus grounds, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
We are a progressive, equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. Generous benefit and annual leave programs. So, come work “Where Fabulous Lives!”
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter (including your salary requirements) to email@example.com (preferred method) or fax to (202) 966-1623. Please note Visitor Services Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.