Position: Seasonal Gardener/Laborer
Reports To: Director of Horticulture
Position Status: Temporary full-time (no benefits)
Location: Washington, DC
Date of Distribution: March 2013
The seasonal gardener/laborer works full-time during the peak Spring/Summer gardening season. Duration of employment will not exceed 6 months from the hire date – there are no benefits included in this position. Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Seasonal Gardener/Laborer will be expected to work at least one weekend day each week. This position requires a good amount of stamina, the ability to lift 50 pounds and working outdoors in a variety of weather condition.
- Perform garden, grounds and greenhouse tasks including watering, mulching, pruning, weeding, fertilizing and general garden maintenance
- Safe operation of power tools such as walk-behind lawn mowers, blowers, tillers, trimmers, etc.
- Proper use of hand tools such as saws, pruners, rakes and shovels
- Ability to operate equipment and lift 50 pounds
- Demonstrated safe use of common garden power and hand tools
- Experience with common gardening tasks and general knowledge of plant maintenance