Museum Shop Sales Associate
Provide a positive shopping and customer service experience to museum shop patrons.
Key Job Elements:
- Opens store including counting registers, ensuring adequate change, verify safe and engage lights and music. Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Provides knowledgeable and accurate information regarding merchandise.
- Totals bill, accepts payment, and makes change for customers. Operates cash register with integrated credit card processing.
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
- Restocks and maintains displays as designed by management including cleaning shelves, counters or tables.
- Answers customer telephone inquiries in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Receives mail and/or phone orders and prepares paperwork in line with inventory management requirements.
- Stamps, marks, or accurately tags price on merchandise in line with established protocols.
- Informs Manager/Buyer of special orders and requests.
- Observes sales floor for theft and damage.
- Provides support as needed with receiving, pricing, inventory and other functions.
- Assists with annual physical inventory.
- Accesses point of sale software.
- 3+ years of work experience in a boutique retail environment successfully performing the key job elements or similar tasks.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Polished customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and computer access skills are essential.
- Work well with a diverse group of colleagues and an international clientele
- Flexible to the changing needs of each day, and have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment while providing a quality visitor experience.
- Detail orientation
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual who with or without reasonable accommodation can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, stand for extended periods of time ascend/descend stairs, move about their work area, between buildings, and the campus grounds, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds unassisted.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
We are a progressive, equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. You can do so by sending a cover letter stating your pay requirements and your resume to:
Please note Museum Shop Sales Associate PT in the subject line.